Free Wi-Fi at the Airport
Do you need to be online whilst you are at the airport? At Gran Canaria airport, you can connect to the internet on your mobile devices through a Wi-Fi service, or take advantage of the PC terminals that have an internet connection. Both of these services are free to use.
The airport changed how it worked in October 2015 and launched a new Wi-Fi service. The service that is offered now is free and unlimited for all passengers and is accessible throughout the terminal building. Anyone with a Wi-Fi compatible device, such as a smartphone, tablet or laptop, can connect by using the instructions at the bottom of this page.
The speed of the service is limited to approximately 2 Mbps per connection. This is set for fair usage reasons, so you will not find a few individuals taking up all the bandwidth. This speed is adequate for the vast majority of people. It is more than sufficient to check your emails, browse the internet, and catch up with your friends on Facebook. If you want to watch an HD or 4K movie, a faster speed is required, however, there is a premium service available for a fee.
The premium service can give you speed up to 20 Mbps, and the charges for this service are as follows:
- €7.50 for 45 minutes
- €9.00 for 60 minutes
- €15.00 for 24 hours
- €40.00 for 3 days
- €70.00 for 1 month
You will note that all these prices are based on a time period and not a data allowance, so you can use the maximum speed available for the whole period purchased. The time starts when you first connect and expires after the duration has run, so if you disconnect, the time does not stop.
For those who are not carrying a mobile device, the PC terminals are great if you need to check your emails or just keep up to date with the latest news. Anyone is free to use these machines, but they are on a fair usage policy. If there is a queue for these machines, please allow others to use them.
There are three areas within the terminal where you will find these terminals. The areas are as follows:
- Floor 0 - Centrally located in the arrivals hall
- Floor 1 - Close to check-in desks 40-91 in the departures hall
- Floor 1 - In the boarding area of the departures lounge, close to gates C25, C26 and C27
How to Connect to the Wi-Fi
You can connect to the Wi-Fi from your smartphone, tablet or any Wi-Fi enabled device by following these steps:
- Search for the network "Airport_Free_Wifi_AENA" and connect to it.
- Wait for a new browser window to open with a welcome page. If it does not open, go to your web browser and open a new tab and it should redirect you to the welcome page.
- Chose the service you want, free or premium access, and click connect. You will need to agree to the terms and conditions before you can connect.
Eurona Telecoms offers the Wi-Fi service, so if you need to contact someone about this service, you will need to contact this company. Their details are found below.
- Customer helpline: (+34) 902 195 788
- Fax number: (+34) 932 152 388
- Website: hotspot.eurona.com.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need to speak with anyone regarding the PC terminals, it would be best to speak directly to AENA, the airport operator. Their contact details are as follows:
- Airport helpline: (+34) 902 404 704
- Email: email@example.com