Passengers with Reduced Mobility (PRM)
Gran Canaria airport offers a free service to assist passengers with reduced mobility. This is often referred to as PRM or PRM assistance, short for Passengers with Reduced Mobility.
A dedicated assistance will accompany you throughout all procedures at the airport. If you are departing the airport you will be assisted from when you arrive until when you are seated on the plane, and for arriving passengers, an assistant will help you off your plan and take you through passport & immigration control and into the arrivals hall.
This service is suitable for anyone with these five disabilities: WCHC, WCHR, WCHS, DEAF and BLND.
How Does it Work?
If it is your first time travelling to or from a Spanish airport, the assistance process works as follows:
- Request it – Ask you airliner for this service when you book your flight. Ideally, this should be done at least 48 hours before you arrive. You can also ask Gran Canaria airport directly for this service, or in addition to your airliners request. There is information further down this page on how to request assistance yourself.
- Go to the meeting point – At the prearranged time, go to the specified meeting point. If no time or meeting point has been set, go to any meeting point two hours before your flight departs. Dedicated assistance should be at these meeting points, but if no one if there, use the intercom to call an assistance.
- Check-in and board your plane – Your assistance will assist you at check-in and stay with you until you are seated on the plane.
- Arrive at your destination – If your arrival airport has been informed of your arrival, an assistant will help you off the plane, through passport & immigration control, and take you to a meeting point of your choice.
How to Request Assistance?
Your airliner should request assistance on your behalf at your departure and arrival airports, so most passengers do not need to contact the airports themselves. If you feel this is necessary, or if would like to request this service again and specify more details, you can call the airport or fill out an online form.
This should be done at least 48 hours prior to your arrival. If it is less than this, the airport will still assist you, but cannot guarantee the quality of the service.
You can contact the airport as follows:
- Dedicated PRM helpline: (+34) 902 404 704
- Online PRM assistance form: wwwssl.aena.es
At Gran Canaria, there are 12 meeting points which are listed below. If you are requesting assistance, it would be helpful to specify which of these meeting points you feel is most appropriate to be collected or dropped off at.
- Group Floor - Arrivals forecourt exit for Domestic flights
- Group Floor - Arrivals forecourt exit for International flights
- Group Floor - Arrival gates A09 to A11
- Group Floor - Check-in area near desks 401 to 406
- First Floor - Ebene 1 bus stop outside of the departures area
- First Floor - Entrance to the departures area near check-in desks 101 to 108
- First Floor - Entrance to the departures area near check-in desks 201 to 234
- First Floor - Entrance to the departures area near check-in desks 301 to 352
- First Floor - Inside the departures area near check-in desks 101 to 118
- First Floor - Inside the departures area near check-in desks 201 to 234
- First Floor - Inside the departures area near check-in desks 301 to 352
- First Floor – In the departure lounge near gates C19 to C21